UCAN is always looking for volunteers and we would appreciate any support you are able to provide! Below you’ll find a current list of volunteer opportunities. Our needs change regularly so please contact Maryam Sousan, UCAN’s Mentoring and Educational Coordinator, if you would like to discuss these or other opportunities.
Current volunteer opportunities:
- Painting and staining of interiors at all UCAN sites
- Landscaping at all UCAN sites
- Small upkeep projects at all UCAN sites
- Staffing various UCAN fundraising events and holiday parties
- Speaking to our youth about your careers and the journey you took to get to where you are today
- Coordinating and sponsoring of spa days for our Residential Treatment Center girls
- Instructing our youth in yoga
- Maintaining and repairing UCAN youth bicycles on a regular basis
To register as a volunteer, fill out an application (PDF download)
E-mail this form to Maryam Sousan, our Mentoring and Educational Coordinator at Maryam.email@example.com
Are you interested in becoming a mentor?
Nothing changes a child’s life like having a good friend. This is especially true for children and youth who have suffered abuse and neglect. UCAN’s Mentor Program pairs the talents and interests of successful men and women with the needs of our clients. The program helps young people build positive relationships with adults and broadens a child’s social and cultural experiences.
We have multiple opportunities for mentors available at UCAN, whether they are individual relationships or group sessions.
We recommend that a mentor:
- Be 21 years or older
- Have strong assessment and communication skills
- Demonstrate good problem-solving skills
- Be able to commit to at least five hours per month
The selection process includes:
- Submission of an application
- Consultation with Mentoring and Educational Coordinator, Maryam Sousan
- Completion of mentor/volunteer training
For more information on mentoring at UCAN please email Maryam Sousan, our Mentoring and Educational Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org