Compensation & Benefits
UCAN's Employee Benefits include:
- Competitive Compensation - The experience employees bring to UCAN is valued. Our compensation is very competitive with other quality not-for-profit organizations like ours.
- Medical Insurance - We offer medical plans through Blue Cross/Blue Shield with varying coverage choices. This includes a prescription plan with a mail order option. In these times of ever-increasing health care costs, UCAN continues to cover the majority of the insurance premium.
- Dental Insurance - We offer a choice of dental PPO or DHMO insurance plans.
- Vision - UCAN offers a Vision plan which is through Davis Vision.
- Health and Wellness Program - This includes tools that help employees to better manage their health. Employees can complete a health risk assessment, set up a personal health record, receive targeted wellness information and set up reminders about medical appointments and prescription refills.
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts - Employees are able to set aside money pre-tax to help pay for medical and dependent care expenses.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - UCAN's Work-Life Balance employee assistance program can help employees find solutions for everyday challenges of work and home as well as for more serious issues involving emotional and physical well-being. Internet and phone access is available 24 hours a day.
- Retirement Program (401k) - The future is important. We offer employees the option to set aside money pre-tax for retirement. UCAN also provides individual financial planning consultations on a quarterly basis.
- Long-Term Benefits - We provide Long Term Disability, Accidental Death, and Life Insurance at no cost to employees.
- Generous Planned Time Off - UCAN's generous policies ensure that employees can accrue hours and plan with supervisors for time away from work for pleasure or illness.
- Direct Deposit - UCAN encourages employees to utilize direct deposit for their paycheck. Employees can use their current checking account, or set up a new one.
- Credit Union - Employees can join Credit Union 1 for participation in financial services in the form of savings, checking, and loans.
- Worker's Compensation - Insurance coverage for job-related injuries or illness.
- Voluntary Benefits - Employees have the opportunity to purchase life, short-term disability, and accident insurance coverage at group rates.