Board Mission: The UCAN Auxiliary Board is a dynamic group of young, ambitious professionals dedicated to advancing the efforts of UCAN through fundraising, volunteering, networking and community engagement.
Who Should Join the Auxiliary Board?
- Professionals in their 20s and 30s who believe in the potential of youth who have suffered trauma
- People who want to help reduce gun violence in Chicago
- People who support teens and young adults having access to therapy and mentoring programs
- People who want to spend time with other likeminded, passionate individuals
Why Should You Join the Auxiliary Board?
- It’s fun!
- Easy way to turn your passion into action
- The youth and families served by UCAN need your support and advocacy
How to Join
Complete these four steps:
- Speak with the board liaison or other UCAN staff (over the phone or in person)
- Meet with a current Auxiliary Board member (over the phone or in person)
- Attend a volunteer orientation hosted at UCAN’s headquarters in North Lawndale
- Complete the membership commitment form
To get started today or for more information, please contact Rebecca Brown at Rebecca.Brown@UCANchicago.org.
Meet our current Auxiliary Board members: