Items must be delivered, unwrapped, no later than MONDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2019 to UCAN’s Headquarters, 3605 W. Fillmore, Chicago, IL 60624. Our office is open Monday through Friday, 9am to 6pm.
There are three ways you can support:
- Fulfill a personalized wish list – Shop for a specific youth with the help from an individualized wish list form. We request $50 to be spent on each youth. Sign up to receive your Wish List(s) via email in the below form.
- Target wish list for babies – This is the easiest way to support. Just purchase baby items from our Target wish list and everything will be shipped straight to UCAN. View the list here.
- Host your own drive – Collect items or gift cards from friends, family and colleagues to support UCAN. Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind when collecting items*:
Most needed items include:
- Baby (0-2 years) – pajamas, teething toys, educational toys,
- board books, etc.
- Teen (13-18 years) – headphones, speakers, sets of bath soaps and lotions, books, art supplies, etc.
- Young Adults (18-21 years) – $25 and $50 gift cards to Target or Walmart for young adults living on their own for the first time
*UCAN’s ability to pick up gifts is limited. If you’re not able to deliver your gifts, please contact Rebecca Brown to make special arrangements.
We do not accept toy guns. Through our Violence Intervention and Prevention Services, we serve many people who have been traumatized by gun violence. Because of this, we do not distribute toy guns including Nerf guns or any action figures with guns. If these items are received, we will kindly pass them along to another nonprofit.
Receive Wish Lists via email:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Does UCAN accept monetary gifts for the Gift Drive?
- Answer: YES, monetary donations are used to buy gifts, gift cards, and wrapping supplies. Cash is never given directly to a youth as a present. Checks can be made out to UCAN with “Gift Drive” in the memo line.
- Do you accept used items?
- Answer: NO, not for the Gift Drive. Sometimes we accept used items throughout the rest of the year for specific needs but we only accept new items for our holiday Gift Drive.
- Is your office open on weekends?
- Answer: NO, our office is open Monday through Friday from 9am to 6pm.
- Is it worth dropping off items after Dec. 2?
- Answer: YES!! Last minute donations always come in handy but we can’t guarantee all late gifts will be distributed before the holiday.
- Who do I contact if I have more questions?
- Answer: Rebecca Brown, Development Coordinator, at email@example.com or 773.279.3733