UCAN collects personal information about you whenever you voluntarily submit it to us through our website, an email or telephone call, at a meeting or event, or in the process of making a donation. We take your right to privacy very seriously and UCAN is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 as a data controller. UCAN stores this type of information in a password-protected database which is kept confidential, and guidelines are in place which limit access only to those who have a reasonable need to use your information.
UCAN will not share, trade or sell your information with/to third or unauthorized parties, nor will we send mailings on behalf of other organizations.
Types of information we might collect
- Contact information: We may ask for contact information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, and contact preferences. This information may be used for reasons such as to:
- Respond to any of your inquiries or questions
- Contact you in the future to share UCAN news, send you communications, invite you to upcoming events, and/or ask for your continuing support
- Acknowledge your donation(s) via mail, a listing in our annual report, or other methods. If you wish to contribute anonymously, please let us know.
- Demographic information: We may ask for limited demographic information such as your gender, race or ethnicity, or marital status. This information is used to help us better understand the individuals we connect with and to help us better communicate with you. We limit how this information is used and disclosed.
- Financial information: If you make a donation to UCAN, then we may ask for financial information such as a credit card number or financial account numbers. This information allows us to process your donation and is not utilized for any other purpose. We consider this information confidential.
If you would like to review or correct the personal information that we have collected, please contact us using one of the methods listed below in the Contact Us section.
If you would like to make your donations to UCAN anonymously, please let us know at the time of your donation and/or by using one of the methods listed below in the Contact Us section.
If you would prefer not to receive mailings from UCAN, please let us know via either one of the methods listed below in the Contact Us section or by utilizing the unsubscribe link which can be found at the bottom of UCAN’s e-newsletters and electronic mailings.
Upon receipt of your request and within a reasonable amount of time, UCAN will remove your information from future marketing communications.
UCAN respects client confidentiality and only releases confidential client information (e.g. protected health information, client records) with your consent in order to effectively provide you with care and/or in accordance with Illinois and federal law. Case records are maintained and disposed of in a manner that protects privacy and confidentiality. UCAN believes that a client’s privacy is not only a fundamental right, but critical to establishing a service environment conducive to healthy therapeutic relationships – involving trust, safety, boundaries and respect. All of our programs have procedures in place to ensure client privacy. Clients are notified of their privacy rights upon admission.
Please contact UCAN via one of the methods listed in the Contact Us section below, addressing your correspondence to UCAN’s Privacy Officer, for any of the following:
- To receive a copy of, release, restrict or amend your record
- To provide us with alternative contact information
- To receive a copy of our full Notice of Privacy Practices and Rights for clients
- To ask any questions
Protection of information
UCAN protects confidential and other sensitive information from theft, unauthorized use, damage or destruction by:
- Limiting access to authorized personnel on a need-to-know basis
- Backing up electronic data
- Using firewalls, anti-virus and related software
- Maintaining paper records in a secure location
Ownership of Materials on this Site
The contents of this site are © UCAN. This means that the material on this site is subject to the copyright protection of UCAN, unless otherwise indicated.
Links and Accuracy
We may provide links to other sites from time to time. These links are provided for your information and convenience only. We do not endorse or take any responsibility for the sites linked to or for the content of those sites.
The materials on this site provided by us have been made available to provide general information only and no reliance should be placed upon it for any specific purpose. While care has been taken to ensure that such information on this site is accurate and complete we do not accept any liability where this is found not to be the case.
Amendment of these Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are governed by and will be construed in accordance with the laws of United States. Any disputes arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the American Courts.
Please contact UCAN with questions or concerns via any of the following methods: